Wainwright and District Parent Link Centre has been proudly supporting the families of Wainwright and it's surrounding communities for over 13 years.
Each centre provides free parenting and play programs to meet the unique needs of the families and communities it serves. Parents and caregivers can participate in a wide variety of activities and information. They may include:
- Programs and activities to do with their children, such as music and movement, and literacy and numeracy programs
- Parent learning opportunities such as Triple P – Positive Parenting Program
- Information about programs and services, including: speech and language resources, community kitchens, and toy lending and resource libraries
- The Ages and Stages questionnaire – Helps reflect on and support their child’s development from their communication skills to problem solving and motor skills
- An opportunity to get answers to questions and learn more about their child’s growth through a development check-up
- An opportunity to talk to staff about practical tips and information to support and strengthen their skills and confidence in parenting
- A chance to learn what to expect from their child, when to get help, and where the best place is to get help for their situation
- An opportunity to gain skills and strategies for dealing positively with development and behavioural concerns
- A chance to connect with other parents and caregivers in the community by attending drop-ins, programs and other services in group settings
Parent Link Centres have seen an increased demand for their services over the years. Ten years ago, 22 locations served approximately 5,800 Albertans from 77 communities. Today, Parent Link Centres operate in 53 locations that reach over 185 communities across Alberta.
Parent Link Centres were visited by approximately 53,000 Alberta children and youth and almost 41,000 parents and caregivers in 2013-2014.
*Some content from Alberta Human Services.